01. Canopius is the global specialty (re)insurance platform of Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Holdings Inc., which has c.$85bn total assets.
02.Canopius is 100% owned by the principal subsidiary of the above, and A+ rated company and one of the top three Japanese P&C insurers.
03. Canopius formed via MBO in December 2003, with £25m equity capital.
04. Significant growth achieved over the last ten years to one of the ten Lloyd's insurers writing premiums in excess of £1bn.
05. Canopius Group total capital resources in excess of £600m.
07. Group financial highlights 2013: gross written premiums £866m (£692m); post-tax profit to shareholders £99m (£49m); investment return 1.4% (3.8%); return on equity 25% (17%).
08. c.700 staff employed as at 31st December 2014.
09. Canopius Managing Agents Limited is the 9th largest managing agent at Lloyd's.
10. Two managed syndicates for 2015: 4444 and 958.
11. Syndicates 4444 and 958 underwrite a diversified portfolio of insurance and reinsurance business across over 100 countries worldwide. All business is written on a joint stamp basis 4444 (80%) and 958 (20%).
12. The capacities of our managed syndicates for 2015 are £740m (4444) and £185m (958).
13. For 2015, Canopius Group controls 100% of capacity on Syndicate 4444 and 61% on Syndicate 958.
14. Projected gross premiums written for 2015 (on a GAAP basis) are £953m (4444) and £238m (958).
15. Syndicates 4444 and 958 offer strong Lloyd's A+ /A security.
16. Canopius's name is derived from Nathaniel Canopius, a Cretan scholar studying at Oxford who is reputed to have
brewed the first cup of coffee in England in 1637.