01. International insurance and reinsurance group, incorporated in Guernsey.
02. Group formed via MBO in December 2003, with £25m equity capital.
03. Group total capital resources in excess of £500m.
04. Majority owned by funds managed by private equity group Bregal Capital LLP; Canopius Group's management own 5% share.
07. Group financial highlights 2012 (2011): gross written premiums £692m (£616m); post-tax profit to shareholders £49m (-£61m); investment return 3.8% (0.4%); return on equity 17% (-22%).
08. c.560 staff employed.
09. Canopius Managing Agents Limited is the 10th largest (and one of the largest privately-owned) managing agent at Lloyd's.
10. Three managed syndicates for 2013: 4444, 958, and 260.
11. Syndicates 4444 and 958 underwrite a diversified portfolio of insurance and reinsurance business across over 100 countries worldwide. The large majority of business is written on a joint stamp basis.
12. Syndicate 260 underwrites a portfolio of specialist UK motor business.
13. The capacities of our managed syndicates for 2013 are £550m (4444); £220m (958); and £70m (260).
14. For 2013, Canopius Group controls 100% of capacity on Syndicate 4444; 61% on Syndicate 958; and 92% on Syndicate 260.
15. Projected gross premiums written for 2013 (on a GAAP basis) are £715m (4444), £200m (958), and £67m (260).
16. Syndicates 4444, 958, and 260 offer strong Lloyd's A+ /A security.
17. Canopius's name is derived from Nathaniel Canopius, a Cretan scholar studying at Oxford who is reputed to have
brewed the first cup of coffee in England in 1637.