Canopius is setting a new standard for claims performance. Our aim is to push the boundaries of customer service excellence through an empowered, collaborative and innovative approach to claims that makes us the envy of the market.
We don’t see claims as a tick-box process. Our claims service is a differentiating factor for Canopius; a superior claims service means that brokers want to place their business with Canopius, and insureds want to renew with us.
The provision of a responsive, expert, value-adding service is at the forefront of everything we do and we aim to put our customers at the heart of all of our decisions.
Canopius has a team of more than 70 experienced and commercially focused claims adjusters, across a number of global locations. We work closely with our underwriters to understand your business; the claims team is structured to ensure close alignment with underwriters and we work collaboratively to ensure the best outcome.
Canopius offers a market-leading claims service based on partnership, accessibility and efficiency delivered through a culture of integrity and fairness. Recognising our customers have individual needs, we offer a variety of different distribution models through which they can place their business.
In the unfortunate event that you require the support and assistance of our claims team, we are always here to help. To help us help you however, wherever possible please always check your policy wording which should provide full details of how to make a claim or speak with your broker.
In the event you are unable to find your policy or locate your broker’s details, please feel free to phone our claims helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7337 3958 (core working hours) or email ClaimsHelpdesk@canopius.com.
In the event you have a product recall, kidnap and ransom or travel/medical expenses insurance policy, please use the Crisis Consultants’ 24/7 hotline contact details as attached to your policy.
For all other business where immediate assistance or emergency guidance is required (outside of core working hours), please feel free to phone our emergency claims helpline number +44 (0)20 7206 7044.
Employers’ liability claims
As Canopius is a member of the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office (‘ELTO’); any individual wishing to make an enquiry should conduct a search of the Employers’ Liability Database via the ELTO website www.elto.org.uk.
Helpful claims tips
Although Canopius offers a wide range of products, below are a few general key claims tips to try and remember when making a claim.
- Please remember to quote your policy number when reporting your claim
- Please report the claim as soon as you can
- Please answer all claims questions openly and honestly
- Please provide contact details for all relevant key contacts and witnesses
- Where possible, please take photographs of the damage or scene of the accident, if applicable
- Please retain and provide copies of all relevant estimates and invoices
- Please provide all relevant accident report records
- Please forward any correspondence from any claimant or claimant’s representatives, immediately and unanswered
- And finally, please remember we are here to help. If you have any questions regarding the claims process, please don’t hesitate to let us know
To continually push the boundaries of customer service excellence through an empowered, collaborative and innovative approach to claims – to be the envy of the market.
The Canopius claims values – what we commit to, what you can expect from us:-
- Honesty – we act with honesty, integrity and fairness at all times.
- Accountability – we are accountable for our actions; we deliver on our promises and commitments.
- Collaboration – we seek to understand and exceed the needs of our customers; we work together and help others.
- Communication – we communicate openly, with honesty, clarity, warmth and respect. We listen.
- Innovation – we challenge the way things are done to drive change and continuous improvement for our customers.
To find out more about the values we embody, please see here.
In an effort to make it simpler to access the correct Canopius claims handler as quickly as possible, we have created the form below to ensure your claim enquiry goes directly to the most appropriate person, but if the options given do not reflect the purpose of your contact please call:
+44 (0)20 7337 3958 (core working hours)
All of our London claims teams are located on Gallery 9 at Lloyd’s and are available on a drop-in basis during all working hours if that is more convenient for you.
We are continually striving to further improve the service that we provide to our clients and would welcome any feedback or suggestions either using the form below or directly to any member of our claims management team.