We underwrite a range of products related to General Liability, London Market Professional Lines and US Management and Professional Lines.
We offer an innovative and flexible approach to individual clients’ needs in covering complex general liability exposures. General liability insurance is a means where business organisations can protect themselves against third party claims for bodily injury and property damage arising out of premises, products, completed operations, advertising and personal injury liability.
An ever complex business environment characterised by globalisation brings with it more complex and potentially catastrophic risks. It is only in the event of a potential catastrophe, which can severely disrupt or even close down businesses, where the value of a financially stable tower of general liability insurance comes to light.
With lawsuits on the rise and plaintiff attorneys seeking larger awards, this risk is very real. Ensuring businesses worldwide purchase the right amount of general liability limit and scope of coverage is more important than ever in today’s global economy.
Our portfolio comprises of: occurrence, claims made and occurrence reported triggers; follow form coverage as well as standalone forms; full knowledge and use of market forms.
Our risk profile:
- US Fortune 1,000/Multinational companies
- Freight and passenger operations in the rail industry
- Commercial construction
- Light and heavy product manufacturers, mining, chemicals, auto manufacturers and defence contractors
We target excess general liability cover to companies located, mainly in the USA.
Our capacity is up to $25 million (USD) or local currency equivalent. Minimum attachment point of $5 million (USD) or local currency equivalent.
Find us on Gallery 3
Senior professionals face significant potential risks that arise from the decisions they make every working day. We are pleased to offer a wide range of solutions to protect them against litigation from their clients, business partners, and regulators.
We provide a range of direct and facultative insurance and reinsurance cover for professional indemnity, directors and officers liability and financial institutions risks. We can assess every risk on its own merits in order to deliver bespoke solutions.
We will consider all jurisdictions where Lloyd’s is licensed to write business, with acceptable risks ranging from UK and multinational SMEs to large corporates with US stocks listings.
Our capacity is £10 million / $15 million (USD) / EUR 15 million.
Our team has significant underwriting experience and the technical expertise to provide creative underwriting solutions. We currently write:
- Canopius XS Pact, a simplified follow form excess product:
- Directors & officers liability and Side A DIC
- Employment practices liability
- Fiduciary liability
- Crime and fidelity
- Miscellaneous professional, including consultants and other non specialty professions
- Tech professional
- Lawyers Professional
- Accountants professional
- Canopius A+ Pact, a lead non indemnifiable loss and DIC policy designed for public, private and not for profit organizations
- Canopius Executive Pact, a directors and officers liability policy for public companies
- Canopius Private Pact, a management liability package policy inclusive of directors and officers liability, employment practices liability and fiduciary liability for private companies
- Middle market to Fortune 500 commercial risk and financial institutions
- Publicly traded firms with market capitalization of $100m and greater
- Privately held firms with revenues of $25m and greater
- Large not-for-profit organizations i.e. health systems and foundations
- Financial institutions:
- Asset managers with $100m+ in assets under management
- Insurance companies: property and casualty firms with B+ or better rating
- Private equity firms
- Professional firms:
- Miscellaneous professions with billing of $25m+
- Law firms with greater than 100 attorneys
- Top 100 accounting firms (excluding the “big four”)
We are fundamentally service-oriented and pride ourselves on building long-standing relationships with our brokers and clients.
Our policies are written on either Lloyd’s Syndicate 4444 and 1861 or State National Insurance Company, Inc. Both offering strong financial security.
Every Lloyd’s policy is supported by a:
- AA- (Very Strong) Insurer Financial Strength rating from Fitch
- A+ (Strong) from Standard & Poor’s
- A (Excellent) from A.M. Best
Every State National Insurance Company, Inc. policy is supported by:
- A (Excellent) from A.M. Best