We underwrite a range of products related to General Liability, Professional Indemnity, FINPRO and US Management & Professional Lines.
We offer an innovative and flexible approach to individual clients’ needs in covering complex general liability exposures. General liability insurance is a means where business organisations can protect themselves against third party claims for bodily injury and property damage arising out of premises, products, completed operations, advertising and personal injury liability.
An ever complex business environment characterised by globalisation brings with it more complex and potentially catastrophic risks. It is only in the event of a potential catastrophe, which can severely disrupt or even close down businesses, where the value of a financially stable tower of general liability insurance comes to light.
With lawsuits on the rise and plaintiff attorneys seeking larger awards, this risk is very real. Ensuring businesses worldwide purchase the right amount of general liability limit and scope of coverage is more important than ever in today’s global economy.
Our portfolio comprises of: occurrence, claims made and occurrence reported triggers; follow form coverage as well as standalone forms; full knowledge and use of market forms.
Our risk profile:
- US Fortune 1,000/Multinational companies
- Freight and passenger operations in the rail industry
- Commercial construction
- Light and heavy product manufacturers, mining, chemicals, auto manufacturers and defence contractors
We target excess general liability cover to companies located, mainly in the USA.
Our capacity is up to $20 million (USD) or local currency equivalent. Minimum attachment point of $10 million (USD) or local currency equivalent.
What we do
- Primary and excess business
- Business via the open market and binding authorities
- Direct and facultative
- Broad range of industry groups
- SME to large global corporate risks
- We can offer capacity up to USD 10m / GBP 10m / AUD 15m / CAD 15m / EUR 10m or GBP 10m currency equivalent
The Canopius FINPRO team is made up of seasoned underwriters with decades of experience in the insurance industry. Using this, alongside its expertise in commercial and financial industries, the team is able to offer insurance solutions to a range of clients – from some of the largest global corporations to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
At Canopius, we understand how important it is to find a solution that is tailor-made to your clients’ needs. Benefitting from an integrated approach, the Canopius FINPRO team offers insurance products for a wide range of financial institutions and commercial enterprises including Directors and Officers Liability (D&O), Civil Liability and Crime. Canopius can offer these solutions on a stand-alone basis or as part of a package.
Canopius FINPRO can offer limits of liability up to GBP £10m/USD $15m/EUR €15m per risk in aggregate. All business written by Canopius is secured by Lloyd’s of London’s S&P ‘A’ rating.
Canopius FINPRO has a broad risk appetite and will consider most industry sectors, including but not limited to: institutions and enterprises within finance (including banks, insurance companies, fund and asset managers, and private equity investors), transport, utilities, energy, telecoms, technology, media, manufacturing and retail, and healthcare.
Policies are available worldwide on an insurance or facultative reinsurance basis, subject to Lloyd’s global licensing capability.
What we do
- Directors & Officers liability (Public and Private, ABC/AB/Side A)
- Public Offering of Securities Insurance
- Civil Liability
- Investment Management Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability
- Fiduciary Liability / Pension Trustee Liability
- Crime and Fidelity Insurance
Our team has significant underwriting experience and the technical expertise to provide creative underwriting solutions. We currently write:
- Canopius XS Pact, a simplified follow form excess product:
- Directors & officers liability and Side A DIC
- Employment practices liability
- Fiduciary liability
- Crime and fidelity
- Miscellaneous professional, including consultants and other non specialty professions
- Tech professional
- Lawyers Professional
- Accountants professional
- Canopius A+ Pact, a lead non indemnifiable loss and DIC policy designed for public, private and not for profit organizations
- Canopius Executive Pact, a directors and officers liability policy for public companies
- Canopius Private Pact, a management liability package policy inclusive of directors and officers liability, employment practices liability and fiduciary liability for private companies
- Middle market to Fortune 500 commercial risk and financial institutions
- Publicly traded firms with market capitalization of $100m and greater
- Privately held firms with revenues of $25m and greater
- Large not-for-profit organizations i.e. health systems and foundations
- Financial institutions:
- Asset managers with $100m+ in assets under management
- Insurance companies: property and casualty firms with B+ or better rating
- Private equity firms
- Professional firms:
- Miscellaneous professions with billing of $25m+
- Law firms with greater than 100 attorneys
- Top 100 accounting firms (excluding the “big four”)
We are fundamentally service-oriented and pride ourselves on building long-standing relationships with our brokers and clients.
Our policies are written on either Lloyd’s Syndicate 4444 and 1861 or State National Insurance Company, Inc. Both offering strong financial security.
Every Lloyd’s policy is supported by a:
- AA- (Very Strong) Insurer Financial Strength rating from Fitch
- A+ (Strong) from Standard & Poor’s
- A (Excellent) from A.M. Best
Every State National Insurance Company, Inc. policy is supported by:
- A (Excellent) from A.M. Best