We underwrite direct engineering and construction risks from our offices in London and Singapore. We work closely with intermediaries to provide products appropriate to their distribution channels and complex client requirements. We employ a specialist team that enables us to take a leading role in the market, providing the necessary critical experience and expertise.
In London our team focuses on project specific risks on a worldwide basis and in all segments of onshore activities including:
- Infrastructure (roads, utilities etc)
- Power generation
- Petrochemical construction
The London portfolio comprises:
- All risks and erection risks (including public liability, advance loss of profits, contractors plant and existing property)
- Machinery breakdown
- Business interruption
We also underwrite engineering reinsurance on both a proportional and excess of loss treaty basis.
The Construction Consortium at Lloyd’s (CCAL)
- Canopius is a founding member of the Construction Consortium at Lloyd’s (CCAL)
- Capacity is US$212.5 million on a PML basis in order to offer lead terms on major projects. This is by far the largest Lloyd’s capacity available for this class of business. The consortium has been carefully designed to ensure that the specialist expertise of the individual consortium partners can be swiftly backed by substantial capacity
- CCAL also operates in Singapore