Providing an outstanding claims service to our clients, both brokers and policyholders, is of paramount importance.
When a claim happens it can be a worrying time for our (re)insured and they need assurance that their claim will be handled fairly, promptly and efficiently with the appropriate support and advice provided. It is the quality, speed, clarity of communication and professionalism of our claims service which provides that assurance.
Our purpose is to provide customers, both policyholders and brokers, with a proven market-leading claims service.
In order to fulfill this we have embedded and committed to the following:
- We listen to our brokers and clients to shape our claims service
- We value the high level of commercial understanding that our claims professional demonstrate and the coordination between our claims and underwriting teams is vital
To find out more about claims proposition, our full profile is available here.
- Honesty – we act with honesty, integrity and fairness at all times.
- Collaboration – we seek to understand and exceed the needs of our customers; we work together and help others.
- Communication – we communicate openly, with honesty, clarity, warmth and respect. We listen.
- Accountability – we are accountable for our actions; we deliver on our promises and commitments.
- Innovation – we challenge the way things are done to drive change and continuous improvement for our customers.
In accordance with our PACE claims service principles, Canopius offers a market-leading claims service based on partnership, accessibility and efficiency delivered through a culture of integrity and fairness. Recognising our customers have individual needs, we offer a variety of different distribution models through which our customers can place their business.
In the unfortunate event that you require the support and assistance of our claims team, we are always here to help. To help us help you however, wherever possible please always check your policy wording which should provide full details of how to make a claim or speak with your broker.
In the event you are unable to find your policy or locate your broker’s details, please feel free to phone our claims helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7337 3958 (core working hours) or email email@example.com.
Emergency/Out of hours assistance
In the event you have a product recall, kidnap and ransom or travel/medical expenses insurance policy, please use the Crisis Consultants’ 24/7 hotline contact details as attached to your policy.
For all other business where immediate assistance or emergency guidance is required (outside of core working hours), please feel free to phone our emergency claims helpline number +44 (0)20 7206 7044.
Employers’ liability claims
As Canopius is a member of the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office (“ELTO”); any individual wishing to make an enquiry should conduct a search of the Employers’ Liability Database via the ELTO website www.elto.org.uk.
Helpful claims tips
Although Canopius offers a wide range of products, below are a few general key claims tips to try and remember when making a claim.
- Please remember to quote your policy number when reporting your claim
- Please report the claim as soon as you can
- Please answer all claims questions open and honestly
- Please provide contact details for all relevant key contacts and witnesses
- Where possible, please take photographs of the damage or scene of the accident
- Please retain and provide copies of all relevant estimates and invoices
- Please provide all relevant accident report records
- Please forward any correspondence from any claimants or claimant’s representatives, immediately and unanswered
- And finally, please remember we are here to help. If you have any questions regarding the claim process, please don’t hesitate to let us know
In an effort to make it simpler to access the correct Canopius claims handler as quickly as possible, we have created the form below to ensure your claim enquiry goes directly to the most appropriate person, but if the options given do not reflect the purpose of your contact please call:
+44 (0)20 7337 3958 (core working hours)
All of our London claims teams are located on Gallery 9 at Lloyd’s and are available on a drop-in basis during all working hours if that is more convenient for you.
We are continually striving to further improve the service that we provide to our clients and would welcome any feedback or suggestions either using the form below or directly to any member of our claims management team.