We write an upstream and midstream energy account from our platform at Lloyd’s in London and via our global offices. We offer protection for energy property physical damage, offshore construction all risks, excess third party liability and operators’ extra expense / control-of-well risks. The presence of engineering expertise on the team enables us to provide considerable additional risk mitigation advice for our clients. We also offer a highly regarded portfolio of Renewable Energy cover. We pride ourselves on our leadership capacity and in-depth experience that allows us to lead across our energy book.
We write a predominantly upstream and midstream energy account from our platform at Lloyd’s in London and our office in Singapore. We pride ourselves on our in-depth experience, superior service and ability to lead business.
We offer protection for energy property physical damage, offshore construction all risks, excess third party liability and operators’ extra expense / control-of-well risks. In particular we cover:
- Operating risks
- Offshore fixed and floating units
- Onshore property
- Well site production
- Processing, storage and transportation risks
- Offshore construction all risks
- Vessel fabrication for offshore fixed platforms
- Floating production and storage units
- Mobile units and associated equipment
We also write a significant book of operators’ extra expense / control-of-well insurance, which may be written on a stand-alone basis or as part of a package.
Third party liability cover is provided for all aspects of exploration and production operations for both onshore and offshore risks. In addition, excess third party liability is provided for power utility and pipeline companies at a high excess or catastrophe level only.
The presence of engineering expertise on the team enables us to provide considerable additional risk mitigation advice for our clients.
Wind turbine technology is developing at a fast pace in order to achieve better returns on investment. This has resulted in a demand for technically advanced wind turbine generators. The potential for damage in the construction and operational phase is high.
We understand how important it is to develop an insurance solution that is tailor-made to your needs. Our engineers can assess the situation on-site to advise on the risks and possible risk transfer solutions.
We can offer market know-how and comprehensive insurance for:
- Damage during construction and transit (external causes) as well as damage caused by faulty design, faulty material or defects in construction and any damage caused by delay in the project
- Damage caused by inherent vice and external causes in the operational phase and consequential loss of income due to downtime
- Liability to third parties who suffer damage resulting from the operation of the wind farm
- In-house risk engineering capability
We can deliver these solutions to project developers, contractors, investors, owners and operators of wind farms, but also for suppliers, O&M contractors and OEMs.
Our team has been involved from the very beginning of the construction process of offshore wind energy farms. Experience tells us that almost no wind farm remains undamaged in the construction phase – this helps us build a holistic view of offshore wind insurance requirements.
The construction of wind turbines at sea is often a complex operation due to offshore conditions. Insuring wind farms requires specific knowledge of offshore construction, wind turbine technology and of contractual risks and project finance.
We can offer:
- Specialist team experience
- Comprehensive ‘cradle-to-grave’ solutions, tailor-made, with seamless construction into operational insurance for renewable energy projects, including:
- (Contingent) Delay in start-up
- (Contingent) Business interruption
- In-house risk engineering capabilities
We deliver these solutions to project developers, contractors, investors, owners and operators of wind farms, but also for suppliers, O&M contractors and OEMs.
Solar power relates to the generation of electricity or heat by means of solar panels, solar boilers or solar thermal power. Our team has the experience, market know-how and technical capabilities to develop bespoke insurance solutions within this area of business.
We can offer specialist underwriting capabilities and comprehensive insurance for:
- Damage to the building by external causes such as by fire and storm. Also, damage to existing properties as a result of damage to solar power plants
- Damage due to faulty design, defective materials or errors in the assembly placement and any delay on the project as a result
- Damage resulting from inherent defect and external causes such as hail, power surges, lightning, vandalism and damage to cables and panels by animals in the operational phase
- Loss of the solar energy installations and inverter due to fire and theft
- Operating loss resulting from the loss of energy production following a covered peril or a delay by necessary maintenance activities
We can deliver these solutions to project developers, contractors, investors, housing corporations, owners associations, utility companies and the public sector.