Marine Hull Insurance
We write a portfolio comprising brown-water tonnage, offshore supply vessels, builders risks, war, increased value, port property, tow and voyages, mortgagees interest and yachts.
In addition to ports and terminals, we can also provide cover for piers, jetties, wharves, and marinas. We provide cover for both physical loss / damage and business interruption. These can be written as packages together with the liability. Cover can also be provided for certain non-marine facilities such as port buildings, warehouses, shipyard facilities and the like. We can also provide cover for handling equipment and business interruption.
We provide H&M cover for brown water vessels including tugs, barges and offshore supply vessels. We also provide cover in respect of increased value, excess H&M, mortgagees’ interest, port risks, and general average disbursement insurance for all kinds of vessels.
We are a respected lead of tow risks and single voyages under own power. Own-power voyages could be vessels going for break-up or delivery voyages.
Furthermore, we have a dedicated in-house binder team to facilitate leading binders.
The team writes marine hull and machinery across a wide range of vessel operations, including but not limited to:
- Ocean-going vessels
- Coastal trading vessels
- Offshore vessels
- Passenger-carrying vessels
- Commercial fishing
- Tug and barge – coastal, river and green water vessels involved in every kind of cargo movement
- Blue water vessels – tankers, freighters, bulkers and cruise liners
- Builders’ all risks and ship repairer’s liability
- Port property, including piers, jetties, wharves, marinas, port buildings, warehouses and shipyard facilities