Cyber-attacks are the fastest-growing threat to modern businesses, with billions of attempts by hackers every year. As organisations rely on IT systems to manage most, if not all, of their critical business systems, our insurance policies adequately protect your IT infrastructure against loss or damage as a result of a successful hack.
Our policies are aimed at two distinct market sectors: innovative and bespoke solutions for global/multi-national entities; and comprehensive, turnkey solutions for retail brokers, insurers and managing general underwriters. With direct access to the underwriters, your core business operations and threats to them can be properly addressed in the resulting solution.
The Canopius Cyber Team comprises nearly 40 specialist and dedicated in-house Cyber professionals who work collaboratively to ensure holistic strength in risk assessment and management, building the perfect insurance solution for your business.
What we do
We insure businesses across the spectrum, in respect of their cyber exposure, for up to $25 million (USD) per risk in aggregate and $25 million (USD) for delegated authorities and binders.
Our portfolio comprises:
- Full 1st and 3rd party cyber coverage
- Non-physical business interruption damage
- Remediation costs, including any fines and penalties
- Network security liability
- Breaches of privacy liability, including data breaches
- Technology errors and omissions
- Social engineering coverage
- Physical damage caused by cyberattacks
There is a broad appetite for industry sectors, which includes, but is not limited to, the following: technology, retail, healthcare, financial institutions, manufacturing, utilities and aviation. Policies are available world-wide on either an insurance or reinsurance basis, where licensing permits.
What sets us apart
- We believe in being fair and honest; our pricing is competitive and based on analytical data and insight.
- We are solution-focussed; this means we are here to work with you to find the right solution. Each business is different and our underwriting is not based on tick boxes. We write policies for your business and thrive on complex and unique risks.
- We offer a Threat Intelligence consultancy service, giving you a holistic approach to your cyber insurance needs.
- Our in-house Cyber Incident Response Team responds in under two hours, giving you 24-hour round-the-clock care. They are highly trained in crisis management and will be able to triage expert service providers from our panel which includes forensics, legal services, public relations, and ransom negotiators.
- We are able to provide initial claims assessments within five working days.
- Each claim has a dedicated Canopius Claims Adjuster assigned to your incident to work with you to resolution.
- Our team is in-house and solely allocated to Cyber, strengthening our knowledge and expertise, ultimately ensuring you have the best resources when you need them the most.