We are recognised as a market leading underwriting team for the provision of consumer protection products to affinity groups through retailers, associations, financial organisations and specialist Managing General Agents (MGAs).
Our team has the ability to develop products that are tailor-made for the chosen customer market and distribution channel, and which support our trading partners’ brands. We work closely with our distribution partners to ensure that all aspects of the products are positioned to meet the highest expectations of our customers and regulators.
We work closely with specialist MGA and other distribution partners to develop bespoke accident & health protection products for affinity groups.
We tailor schemes to a specific customer base and distribution channel in a way that sets us apart from our competitors.
We look at UK and international opportunities, taking full account of the local cultural and regulatory requirements.
We have a particular focus on the following programmes:
- Specialist travel
- Trip cancellation
- Emergency repatriation
- Cash plans
- Temporary disablement
- Accidental death
- Retail schemes and conceptual products
Canopius Specialist Consumer Products profile
We have breadth of experience in providing products to the mortgage and house purchase financial sector. Focusing primarily on the UK market, we work closely with building societies, other mortgage lenders, financial intermediaries and specialist MGAs in the sector.
Particular areas of focus include:
- Mortgage payment protection/committed payments protection
- Residential mortgage indemnity – full cover and excess of loss
- Self build/custom build mortgage indemnity – cover around the period of construction
- Rental deposit waiver
- Buyer/seller costs insurance
We have expertise across a wide range of product protection insurance programmes, working closely with distributors and specialist MGAs in the motor, retail and added value ancillary (AVA) markets.
We write business in the UK, Europe, Asia, North America and Australia, designing products to meet the local customer and regulatory requirements.
Products include the following:
- Motorist protection products (Mechanical breakdown / warranty; GAP insurance; Car return programmes; Collision damage waiver; Other ancillary products)
- Consumer retail protection (Consumer electronics ‘all risk’ insurance; Domestic appliance breakdown; Furniture protection; Multi appliance extended warranty plans; Payment protection)
- Added value ancillary products (Excess waiver; ID theft; Home emergency; Premium waiver)
- Plant and equipment (Extended warranty; All risk)